Maris Paraty is a small and exclusive guesthouse. With only 3 rooms, (2 bungalows and 1 suite), we accommodate a maximum of 8 people, ensuring a peaceful and relaxed environment.
We are located in the quiet Caborê neighbourhood, a 10 minutes walk from the historic centre by the riverside promenade.
All property is surrounded by a tropical garden with a number of orchids and bromelias and an inviting pool area.
We are committed to the well-being of our guests. We take pride in providing a consistent, personal and discrete service, ensuring privacy and comfort.
We have 2 bungalows and 1 suite. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated with artcrafts and works of local artists. All windows have anti-mosquito nets and roller shutters. They accommodate 2 people, but we can provide one extra single bed per room, requested in advance ( see Prices).
The stay includes breakfast served at the terrace of each room, wi-fi, parking space inside the property and quality services. We offer as courtesy filtered water, coffee, tea and a delicious welcome caipirinha.
Our rich and extensive breakfast is served between 8h and 10h30 at the terrace of each room, with comfort and privacy. Prepared and served with attention and care, it includes a variety of fruits, juice, jams, yogurt, cake, breads, cold cuts, coffee, milk, English tea, among others. Many of our products are homemade by Pieter such as the cakes, orange marmalade, granola and yoghurt. We can provide special requests and food restrictions within our possibilities and if notified in advance.
– Our 2 bungalows are mostly requested by couples wishing to celebrate their honeymoon, wedding anniversary or other special celebrations. For those occasions, we can provide a romantic package-deal with a bottle of cava, candles, fresh fruits, roses, garden flowers and a personalised card for R$ 150.
– We offer a small menu of drinks that can be served by the pool or at your own porch.
– During summer high season (between New Year and Carnaval), we also have a small menu of homemade finger foods.
– We can arrange private and regular transfer from Rio, São Paulo or Ilha Grande.
– The tour Rio – Ilha Grande – Paraty is a must do. Please let us know if we can help you organise it: from accommodations to means of transportation.
– We also have and adorable full service-flat in the excellent neighborhood Leblon in Rio, which is available for rent also ( see page Rioflat on this website).
We are a Brazilian-Belgian couple with a passion for travelling. We met in 2010 and got married in 2016 in a magic ceremony in front of the breath-taking Paraty Bay.
We decided to create roots in Paraty when we took over the administration of Maris. Here we can reciprocate a little of the warm welcome we have received around the world.
Our travels, Pieter’s experiences in restaurants in Antwerp and Mari’s years of work in the fields of tourism, urban planning and gastronomy all sum up to make our guesthouse both personal and professional. An appropriate choice for our talents and life plans. We love what we do and we hope that reflects in our work.